Prosperous Textile Journal Interview with Mr Mark Jarvis, Managing Director, World Textile Information Network (WTiN)
Question 1: Please tell us more about Innovate virtual event by WTiN and what the aim of WTiN is for holding this event?
In this pandemic landscape, our aim is to bring the whole of the textile & apparel value chain together to discover how we can innovate to build a stronger, more resilient, more sustainable and more profitable value chain. The industry was hit hard last year with the onset of the pandemic and we need to ensure the industry doesn’t suffer like this again. Innovation is the key to becoming more resilient and more flexible. The event looks at innovation in textile & apparel production technology and innovation in materials.
The live, virtual event runs for five days from 25-29 October and will allow exhibitors and visitors to network, discover innovations and forge lasting partnerships.
For more information visit: https://innovate.wtin.com/
Question 2: What sections of textile are covered in this event?
The event covers the whole of the textile value chain from raw materials through to the finished end product. Exhibitors can showcase their products and services within two sectors : Product Technology and Technical Textiles.
Question 3: Would you please explain the facilities of this event and its benefits for exhibitor?
Although physical trade shows are beginning to return in some parts of the world, travel restrictions are still playing a major role in their attendance. Innovate 2021 will have the capacity to provide industry innovators with the same networking opportunities as physical events, the ability to showcase their latest products, all while understanding the global trends shaping the future of the textile industry. The online platform includes:
• A Strategic Summit – WTiN is organising the first Innovate Summit on 26-28 October 2021 to deliver strategic insight into how the macro environment will influence industry transformation over the next five years. LIVE speeches from key opinion leaders will cover topics, such as: government policy, paradigm technologies, supply chain resilience, circular economy, and investing in new business models.
• Live Streams – Exhibitors will be able to show live video demonstrations of products to potential customers and investors. This brand-new tool will allow companies to utilise the Innovate platform to showcase their latest technology to a global reach of textile professionals.
• Innovation Hub – Innovation showcase to highlight the most innovative products from exhibitors
• Exhibition – Browse through interactive exhibitor booths designed for viewing exclusive innovative content showcasing innovation in product technology and technical textiles. See the growing exhibitor list here: https://innovate.wtin.com/exhibitor-directory/
• Concierge – Match with the right exhibitors and engage in discussions on common topics. Our “in-person” concierge team will help you find the right exhibitors based on your specific requirements.
• Connect – Expand your contact network by participating in networking and connecting with like-minded professionals.
Question 4: How many exhibitors were participated in previous innovative textile event and what is your estimation for this edition?
Last year’s event had over 100 exhibitors. With the return to in-person events starting this year, the number of exhibitors is expected to drop. Currently we have over 60 exhibitors and this number continues to grow in the lead up to the event.
Question 5: Which sectors of Iran textile industry can take part or visit the event?
All textile technology (machinery) OEMS, technical solution providers, technical textile manufacturers, associations, along with textile and fashion universities can participate in Innovate. Our common thread is innovation in the textile value chain.
Question 6: Last words….
We welcome exhibitors and visitors across the world and the textile value chain to exhibit/visit our event. We have worked really hard over the past year to deliver an event that will offer all the benefits of an in-person event, with live networking and innovation showcases. WTiN has built the platform itself, with feedback from last year’s (2020) event, to ensure our exhibitors and visitors get the most out of attending. Visitor registration is open and is FREE to attend. Register your free pass here: https://innovate.wtin.com/registration/